Sunday 23 March 2008

New entries from 16 to 23 March

These are the new entries to WonderBirmingham between the 16th and 23rd March.

Birmingham Restaurant Guide

Village Cafe

We returned to this place after half a year.





It seems that not everyone likes Village Cafe. The portion of the food probably is inferior comparing to the other Chinese diners in the area, but for those who do not have big stomach, including myself, shouldn't worry. I tend to avoid places like Chinatown Noodle Bar or Cafe Soya that serve enormous portions that I can never finish. Besides, Village Cafe manages to serve, imho, South eastern cuisine definitely different from the Chinese food, which, very popular places like Cafe Soya fail (to me their Vietnamese food is not Vietnamese at all, but, again Cafe Soya has other advantages and I don't mean to criticize only for this ground).


And then, finally, I managed to go to the restaurant Beirut.

Beirut





I was a bit let down by the lack of service and decor; it was more like a take-away place with eating area than a proper restaurant. The entrance door was left open all the time, presumably because the ventilation isn't good. The food was good, apart from partly carbonised lamb shish kebab.