Sunday 6 May 2007

Iranian bread

Iranian flat bread

I live in a mult-ethinic area of Birmingham, UK, and one of the advantages of this is that I can find foodstaff of many ethnic groups.

One of my recent favorites is this iranian bread. There is a small Iranian baker with a single small oven (looks like tandoori) that sells only this bread called "naan" and "chapatti" I am pretty sure they have Iranian names for these, but they these names are on the menu, probably because they are familiar to all the ethnic groups and to the English as well.

I have never tried chapatti, but this naan bread is really good. It is thiner than Indian naan and thus righter. You never get tied of eating just this bread without anything.

4 of these cost only a pound: it is actually cheaper than buying naan from supermarket.

Bless our Iranian baker!