Wednesday 24 September 2008

Cha Cha Dessert

In Day-In Chinese supermarket, I found Interesting looking Chinese retort desserts and decided to try.



There are 4 or 5 different sorts and I picked up the most familiar looking one. This looked like a Japanese sweet called "Zenzai", which is a sweet soup of azuki beans. Promising enough for me, it is made by Nisshin - Japanese company, although the product itself is made in China.

I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but was around £1.60, and there are two bags (two portions) inside.



The instruction says that it can be served either cold or hot.

It contains, apart from water, sugar and additives, red beans (azuki), taro potato, black-eye beans, kidney beans, coconut milk, and milk (without melamine, hopefully).



As eating it as it is looked a bit gloomy, I added "mochi" (glutenous rice flour cakes).


The result was pretty good. Maybe little bit more sugar would be better, as I added un-sweetened mochi. I will try out other types as well.