Sunday 21 December 2008

December Balti Triangle Walk 1

Having not been to Balti Triangle for some months, I just went there to check things out yesterday. I will write about this walk little by little, as I don't have time to write a long post.

The first discovery was this: A new site acquired by Al Faisal's.



It is near the beginning of Ladypool Road, about in front of Yaadigar.



The shop is still occupied by a video shop, but I don't imagine Al Faisal' keeps on running it and I would suppose it will be a restaurant, or at least some food related business.

Al Faisal's has renewed their premises in Stoney Lane, and recently opened an Italian restaurant Il Piatto in Ladypool Road. Evidently their business is going very well. As the Balti Triangle itself is rather in decline, it is shining like a star of hope.

Il Piatto's black board saying "Bono Sera" (the correct Italian expression being "Buona sera") let me down, though.


***************************


An irrelevant topic. Yesterday, I went to Savannah Eritrean-Ethiopian restaurant for late lunch or early dinner.

On my way to Savannah, I passed in front of Jacky's Kitchen 美食坊 and read a notice that it will be closed on 24th and 25th December.

I could not believe my eyes as I did not think a restaurant dare to close on Christmas days. Evidently they don't have much demand for Christmas bookings.

I wondered if also the other Chinese restaurants close on these days.